Personal development is a product of our thoughts. Positive thoughts enhance our quality of life and lead to success. Negative thoughts extinguish our dreams and result in mediocrity.
Below, I’ve listed 14 motivational quotes that I believe can help you think positively and achieve success.
To most effectively use these quotes, find one that speaks to you—only you can decide which one resonates with you the most.
Next, take that quote and copy it onto a small index card or another small piece of paper that can be stored around your home and at work. Make sure that your chosen quote is accessible in a variety of different places. This will make it easy to access and review later on if you ever begin to feel your internal motivation slipping away.
1. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
2. “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” – Virginia Satir
3. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind.” – Dodinsky
6. “This above all: to thine own self be true.” – William Shakespeare
7. “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” – Mikhail Baryshnikov
8. “The person who knows HOW will always have a job. The person who knows WHY will always be his boss.” – Diane Ravitch
9. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
10. “Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe.” – Mark Victor Hansen
11. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for: it is a thing to be achieved.” – William Jennings Bryan
12. “Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity.” – Joseph Sugarman
13. “Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It’s a strengthening of his powers of accomplishment.” – Thomas Carlyle
14. “The secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. Really, it’s a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free.” – Charles R. Swindoll
Take a moment to reflect on these thoughts. Begin to internalize them. I believe that if you do, they can help you to experience a brighter future.
Do you have a favorite motivational quote? If so, how do you ensure that you reference it in order to stay motivated? Share your favorite sayings and tips for using quotes effectively in the comments section below!